- Dale Carnegie
In approaching a problem in your department, try this method:
- Call a meeting with those persons who are familiar with this problem. It should include your own staff, of course, but it may be advantageous to invite persons from related areas who can contribute their ideas.
- Let all the participants know the subject to be discussed in advance to the meeting.
- Record all ideas, but do not attempt to analyze them at this time.
- After a period of incubation (anywhere from a half hour to a full day), call the team together, and run another 15 - 30 minute session. Record these new ideas.
- Have the team select three to five of the best ideas.
- Develop that idea.