Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My leave approved

I planned a trip up to Genting on 17-18 Feb, booked and paid on 30 Jan. The next day a mail from my boss came, stating that on 18-19 Feb, we have a handover session in PJ for the Malaysian project. Handover from the project team to the support team. I immediately replied that I am not available on 18 Feb.

Applied for leave on 11 Feb (Mon, should have filled the form earlier, my fault) but the boss was on leave, so he got the from yesterday afternoon. I was on 1/2 day (replacement for working 2 till midnight the night before). 1/2 way thru my afternoon nap I got a missed call and sms from him regarding my leave application.

Returned his call. After explaining that I have booked and paid for the hotel before I received his email, he approved it. He said he though this leave was in my "pre-planned leave" list. He check with the admin person and found out it was not. So that is why he called me to clarify and said next time to follow the planned leave. What!??!!?!!! What if I got something to do and have to take leave.

Last year when I wanted to take leave, I usually would submit it 1 week earlier. Sigh!!!!!!

No comments: