Monday, February 4, 2008

The things we go thru for a Free Holiday

On 26 January (Saturday) we went to Mid Valley to do some shopping and collect my wife's watch. Went to the cat show at Hall 1. Had lunch at Sushi King, the children dragged me there, hehe.

Stopped by the Leisure Holiday (LH) booth to fill up a contest form. Last week I got a call from Sara of LH, she said that I won a 2d/1n holiday, but I had to goto their office at Bali, Sunway to collect the voucher. They said that the voucher would take 45 minutes to be ready, what a "cow dung" excuse.


Usually I would receive call from similar companies and they would get to the point, come, no obligation, 45 minutes talk, free voucher stay (2d/1n) at a local hotel or resort. Well LH came out with a "brilliant" plan, invite potential customers via a contest. You can see for yourself, the end result is the same.

So we went there, last Sunday (3 Feb) dragging the children along. What a waste of time just to get the voucher (which mind you didn't take 45 minutes to prepare), the manager just had to write my name, ID and sign the voucher. Duh!!! just to add to that Duh!!! ...and Duh!!!

They just introduced their vacation scheme, more like marketing and advertisement, and lots of repeats, but no $ or cost on the package was mentioned. If you want to know it, you have to DECIDE to join and they will reveal their "secret" Duh!!! again.

Anyway the children were tired, we got our voucher and went home happy to receive the voucher but the Mrs had to endure my conplains. We chose Melaka as our next holiday destination. Paradise Malacca Village Resort, in Ayeh Keroh or is there another name?

I have to mention this, Amber Court, Genting is one of the places where you can stay. For your family and your sake, I will advise you to not go there. The place is so run down. But LH said their units are well maintain, uuuuhhhhh, arrrrrrr, speechless. It used to be a nice place to stay years ago when it first opened. Brother Matt from Melaka stayed there a few months agon, suppose to stay for 2 nights but they checked out after 1 night.


You got to have a strong heart, a bad scent of smell and bad eye sight. Even if the rooms are clean and nice, the overall impression of Amber Court is not.

Mrs tried calling today to book. No response during lunch, well it was lunch time and nobody wants to entertain you. Manage to call after lunch. They said, to book either via email or sms. I though I saw in the voucher that we have to call, even the LH consultant siad we can call the number stated in the voucher. Well as of now, no response.

Personally, this leaves a bad 1st impression to me, 1st the "talk" and 2nd the "booking".

http://www.leisureholidays.com.my/

No comments: