Monday, August 18, 2008

The Little Drummer Boy's Drumming Experience

I played the drums yesterday during worship service, as Alex our regular drummer had to travel outstation.

During practice on Wednesday, I was so unsure of the drum beats, since I am not a drummer. I usually play the bass and my favourite is playing the guitar.

From Thursday to Saturday I listened to some of the songs in MP3, just to familiarize myself with the beats of the songs. But while listening to the songs, I got distracted by the sounds of the guitar. :-P

It is just not the same as practicing the songs regularly, i.e. it is just 'theory'.


What was my thoughts on Sunday? I felt slightly anxious.
I was 'called' to fill in the 'gap' and that is what I did.

During the worship
sorry to say this, but I felt it was like an exam for me. Not being a practicing drummer, I just wanted to keep the beat and timing as far as possible and this resulted in me not able to worship like I wanted to.

I know I shouldn't think of it like this, but I did.
Sorry Lord.

I praise God all went well (I think so...), with minimal (or is it more than minimal...) mistakes... yes I did make mistakes.

Sorry to the team if I was not myself on Wednesday and Sunday.

4 comments:

CKChong said...

Bro you did well on Sunday. Your 'fill in gap' makes a lot of different to the worship. Frankly I enjoyed worshiping yesterday. Cheers

joshua said...

hey man!

i'm sure u did well though i wasn't there to hear and see for myself. ahem...

if we were to do everything to please him, then as long as God is pleased, that's the most important thing.

i would have freaked out playing the accoustic guitar in vvc worship

richrach said...

Bro, from a team-mate and from the bottom of my heart... thank u for filling in the gap. I know it's not your cup of tea but yet, u did it and as u obey the "call", God will surely bless u in abundance. No-la... not that kind of call but even in responding to the "call" of a worship leader, it is already an act of obedience. And as i told u before, u kept your cool on Wed n Sun... there is nothing to forgive u for. Well done, bro! :)

Personally, i felt a bit "lonely" too... as my bassist is not there to play wif me... i kinda have to "play the bass" as well and if there is a wrong note... it WAS totally obvious... well, we're all learning ya!

Anonymous said...

hEY, nXT tIME....gET sNAPsHOTS oN nEW fACES oN D aSSIGNING tEAM!!! hIHIHI....