Thursday, August 14, 2008

'Smart' User Using The SmartTag Lane'

Last night at around 10:35 pm, as I was going through the 50 cents toll (SmartTag lane) on the East-West link (of Connaught highway), there was a dark coloured Kenari in front of me.

At first the driver was unsure if he/she wanted to use the SmartTag or the cash lane. Finally the car turn into the SmartTag lane.

Guess what the car stopped and out popped the hand of the Smart' driver who tried to use the Touch & Go (T&G) card. It did not work. The driver tried to contact the operator via the intercomm. It was like a full minute, waiting but no one came.

So the driver started reversing. Of course I can't reverse, as there were a few cars behind me. Finally when I manage to reverse by a meter, my SmartTag went 'peeeep' and the barrier opened, and the car in front of me went through without paying.

As I drove through my Tag went 'peeep' again. Twice :-(

2 comments:

CKChong said...

That 'lucky' guy don't even gesture thanks to you?! What a loser.

d'Lion said...

I was already stressed out that night and driving 'controlled' within the speed limit, and that had to happen.

Really got my blood pressure up.