Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Clock In/Out: 9/10 on-time leaving

My company has a software that tracks the time we arrive/leave after work as well as time we leave/return from lunch.

My admin colleague just informed me that based on my last weeks time in/out, the big boss wrote "9/10 on-time leaving" (9 our of 10), cause based on the time I clock out I would leave the office on time (or slightly over time).

I will aim next week to better this record to... "10/10 on-time leaving". :-D I will treat myself to teh tarik.

Most of my colleagues feel like we are in school. I remember school was not so strict.

Work time is between 8am - 5pm. If you are late, you will be marked. And later a warning letter will be issued... Doh!!! No flexibility.

8 comments:

richrach said...

how to get 10/10?
so those who leave office later considered what??? pass the 10 mark? :p

dorcas said...

Start at 8am? That’s early!

9/10 is consider as excellence in your punctuality. We give you 10/10…hehehehehe :)

d'Lion said...

I guess those who leave later will be "Leave after time"

How to get 10/10.... 1 minute before time, I will stand at the door, and once I see the scanner turn 5pm I immediately scan out.

d'Lion said...

I try to be consistent in my timing... ahem and I shall strive to be more on time next time.

richrach said...

It's a good practise indeed!

d'Lion said...

Look at it this way, we are paid to work 8 hours a day, and since we are not appreciated for the work nor the additional things we do, why not just leave on time.

sharonsb said...

when i worked at FELS Singapore, they will cut pay even if 2 minutes late.

d'Lion said...

2 minutes...!!!!