Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Lose My Soul - TobyMac



WebSite TobyMac
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBZSFhOsyDk
Lyrics: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/tobymac/losemysoul.html

"I wrote the verse as a prayer, one that I find myself praying often.

'Father God I am clay in Your hand. I wanna stay that way through all life's demands 'cause they chip and they nag and they pull at me and every little thing I make up my mind to be.

Like I'm gonna be a daddy who's in the mix, and I'm gonna be a husband who stays legit and I'm gonna be an artist who rises above, the road that is wide and filled with self love.

Since I was a kid, my dad's favorite verse has always been on the back of his business card. 'What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his own soul?'

It's easy for any of us to fall into the trap of setting our eyes on success and achievements.

I wanted to be honest about my struggle because I believe no one is alone in it and we can learn from each other. - Toby Mac

No comments: