Datuk Seri Najib Razak outlined six key areas his administration will focus on:
• The prevention of crime;
• The fight against corruption;
• Access to quality education;
• The improvement of the living standards for the lower income group;
• Improvement of rural infrastructure;;
• Improvement of public transportation.
• 20 per cent discount for those who use toll roads more than 80 times a month
• Increasing the number of individual taxi permits by 3,000
• The allocation of 44,000 units in public housing projects to be offered for sale to tenants;
• A 50 per cent reduction in license fees for petty traders in the Federal Territories;
• Drastic steps to be taken to combat crime and graft of which details would be announced later;
• A pledge to settle birth registration issues in East Malaysia;
• A pledge to settle citizenship applications in East Malaysia;
• A pledge to build up to 1,500 kilometres of rural roads;
• Efforts to be made to improve water and electricity supply to east Malaysia;
• A reduction in the cost of motorcycle riding courses from RM500 to RM211;
• A new Amanah Saham 1 Malaysia with 10 billion units offered for sale to all Malaysians above 18.
Read report on...