Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Get More Government Ministers To Take The Public Transport

Taken from The Star.

More ministers should take the public transport to their office and experience what the citizens of Malaysia have to go through everyday. http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/6/11/nation/21518642&sec=nation

Tracking the system: Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Minister Datuk Shahrir Samad arriving at the Express Rail Link station in Putrajaya yesterday, the second day he was trying public transport from his home in Jalan Tunku in Kuala Lumpur to his office in Putrajaya.

His verdict after two days? “It’s not so convenient since there is no bus connection from my house to KL Sentral to take the ERL to Putrajaya. My wife has to send me to KL Sentral and my driver picks me up in Putrajaya.

He will be bringing the matter up in the Cabinet today. Shahrir is a frequent user of ERL to KLIA

3 comments:

richrach said...

finally....

sharonsb said...

hmm...hasn't this been the problem all these years - it hasn't been convenient for many commuters to get to the rail station?

d'Lion said...

Yes, the same problem. And no solution in sight.