Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Petrol Dealers Protest

I am still able to pay for my petrol today using my credit card.

Received an sms from my colleague this morning, saying that her friend informed her that petrol kiosks will close on Thursday for 8 hours to protest the fuel price hike.

I asked the attendant manning behind the cashier counter, if they are going to stop accepting credit payment for fuel. She said "maybe, soon".

Personally I feel it will be tough for me as I am used to paying for petrol using my credit card, as I do not have to worry about carry enough cash around with me everytime I have to fill up the car.

Drivers fume
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/6/25/nation/20080625071421&sec=nation
GEORGE TOWN: Motorists throughout the country were left fuming and confused on Tuesday, all because of the push by petrol station owners to ensure that their profit margins are maintained...

No closing-up in protest, says dealers group
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/6/25/nation/21650670&sec=nation
PETALING JAYA: Petrol stations are not going to close in protest – that is the assurance given by the Petrol Dealers Association of Malaysia...

Credit card refusal draws ire
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/6/25/nation/21651237&sec=nation
GEORGE TOWN: Motorists here are fuming over the sudden move by petrol stations here as well as Kedah and Perlis to refuse payment by credit and fleet cards....

Rumour leads to jams at Sabah kiosks
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/6/25/nation/21648054&sec=nation
KOTA KINABALU: Petrol stations throughout Sabah saw long queues of panicked vehicle owners after word spread that the stations were closing for three days....


My earlier related blogs:
Petrol kiosks may stop credit card payments
Fuel Hike

2 comments:

CKChong said...

Trouble to carry extra cash nowadays. I gotta fills every 6 days or so with RM100 :(

d'Lion said...

Its because you travel extra to sites such. I am happy if my petrol will last me for 7 days.