Wednesday, June 25, 2008

On Medical Leave Today

Yes, I am on medical leave today, as I got an ear infection.

According to the doctor ear wax is not the cause. Could be a previous flu or something. Marilyn looked into my ear using the doctor's.. arrr whatyacallit (
otoscope) look into ear thingy :-p. Ear is clean, no blockage due to ear was. The inside of my ear is red, infected.

The doctor gave me antibiotics (Clarithromycin) and pain killer.


So there, one day R&R, roar and roar, rest and relax. Nah, went to Tesco to do some grocery shopping with Marilyn, fetch the children back from school and send the car for a wash.


http://kidshealth.org/kid/ill_injure/sick/ear_infection.html
Still valid for an old man :-D

Cheers!

What is...
Clarithromycin is a macrolide antibiotic used to treat pharyngitis, tonsillitis, acute maxillary sinusitis, acute bacterial exacerbation of chronic bronchitis, pneumonia (especially atypical pneumonias associated with Chlamydia pneumoniae or TWAR), skin and skin structure infections, and, in HIV and AIDS patients to prevent, and to treat, disseminated Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC). In addition, it is sometimes used to treat Legionellosis.

2 comments:

CKChong said...

MC or no MC blogging must go on unless our fingers that is on MC. Anyway, get well soon bro

d'Lion said...

Yes brother blogger, even if my fingers are on mc, I will use my toes.