Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Day In Hospital Pantai Cheras (Updated)

I was admitted to Pantai Hospital, Cheras this morning (Sept 12th) to remove a growth from my 2nd toe, right feet.

Chronology of events:
9:00am
Marilyn and I arrived at the hospital slightly before 9am for my appointment with Dr Ong (not related to brother Jo Ong) :-P.

10:00am
I was admitted into a double room around 10 am. Mmmm, why am I being admitted into a room, just for a minor operation? according to the nurse, it is the hospital's standard operating procedure.

12:00pm
Had lunch in the room, sweet sour fish.... no comment on the hospital food.

1:00pm
I accompanied Marilyn to the canteen for her lunch. She had noodle soup. At RM3:80 it was worth if, lots of fishballs and veg.

Marilyn just finished her lunch and we were on the way up to the room when the nurse called me around 1:20pm, asking where was I, as I was need to be prepared for surgery.

Yes I had to stripped out of everything and
wear the hospital gown, opening at the back. Quite sexy I think. No specs, no handphone (son can't take photos of the operation)...

1:35pm
Wheeled into the operating ward around 1:35pm. I joked with Marilyn, "I will be out in 5 minutes".


Dr Ong asked me if I wanted to sleep through the operation, I said no.... did I regret it.

The actual operation in the operating theater (OT) took around 5-10 minutes.

The most painful part was the injection to 'numb' my toe while the doctor cut of the growth. Second most painful, was like someone squeezing you toes very hard, that part was when the doctor stitched my toe.

Wheeled out of the OT, and put on observation for around 20-30 minutes.

2:15pm
Wheeled out of the operating ward at 2:15pm. Thats what I heard the nurse mentioned when she wrote in her report.

I was handed over from the operating ward nurses to the room ward nurses. I felt like 'goods' being transported from one place to another.

5:00pm
Discharged from the hospital slightly after 5pm. Overall, around 8 hours in the hospital, just to remove a growth from my toe.

The doctor will send the "cut-off" growth to the lab for analysis. will know the result this coming Friday,

The "agonizing" hours in the hospital was mainly waiting for the doctor and also to process the insurance for payment.

The operation is covered by my company insurance (ING), praise God. :-D

5:15pm
Left for home to celebrate Andrea's 4th birthday and the moon cake festival.

Picture:
Top left-Lunch. Middle-right before being wheeled out from the room. Top-right-lift ceiling.
Middle left-right My toe before and after the operation.
Bottom left to right Outside the operating ward.


My medication, antibiotics (Augmentin) and pain killer.

Related blog:
My Toe After Changing New Bandage
My Hospital Experience
My Toe After the Op

6 comments:

CKChong said...

Great to know tat you are ok bro. Praise God. Take care!

P/s: Need to 'pantang'food?

joshua said...

Yikes!!!

A mini op for the mini 2nd toe.

You should be up and jumping by now!

Did u send my regards to Dr. Ong? 8D

CHRIS ONG said...

ouch, looks painful. Hope you feel toe-tally better now and tip top shape.

calebAARON said...

Shocking news!!!
Are you better now?

d'Lion said...

Thanks CK. No need to pantang food, I been enjoying Andrea's birthday celebration food, mainly SATAY!!!! Yumyum. Burb... :-D

Brother Jo, not related to Doc Ong, he don't know u arrr. No jumping bro, still painful when I walk.

Chris, also not related to Doc Ong. You funny lady.

caleb, fell much better, as mentioed, pain especially when I walk. Can still drive though. :-p

richrach said...

wah... some more arms crossed while on the bed! Hahaha! Funny ler!