Friday, May 30, 2008

My Lunch @ Embun's Cafe - 3 Two Square

My colleagues and I went to Embun's Cafe at 3 Two Square, at my office block, because the weather did not permit us to walk to Seaview Restaurant.

I ordered seafood fried rice. my colleagues dishes came, and after they have finished eating my rice still did not appear. They might have difficulties catching the seafood. #-o Reminded the waiters.
Dishes were delivered to another table, which the patrons came later than us. Still no seafood fried rice. Reminded the waiters.

Dishes were delivered to another table, which the patrons came later than us and after the table which got their food earlier than me. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. The camel is me.

The waiter asked me to wait for another 5 minutes, and I said NO. We called the bill and left.

So no lunch for me. I went to 7-11 opposite the cafe and bought potato buns. Yup, thats my lunch, buns and a cup of hot milo (from my pantry).

Overall the food was ok. One of the dish my colleague ordered, fish fillet though was not fresh.

Cheers....

3 comments:

joshua said...

Good service is the most important thing. Who cares if the food is nice but the service sucks?

Moreover, first impression counts. So, too bad. I'm sure the restaurant have lost many first-timer customers.

MaN|acZ said...

yea. I agree good service is important.

anyways, I just had lunch in Embun's cafe as well yesterday.

My friend ordered Nasi Goreng Pattaya, I ordered Nasi Goreng Latna, our order came like 10 minutes apart. It seems the chef cook in batches, meaning if there is more than 1 table ordering the same thing, he'll cook that same
thing first.

So, probably that's why he/she forgot your order.

Anyways, that's a pity didn't get to try their food. I think their food is good.

d'Lion said...

Hi MaN|acZ, thank you for your updates. Yes we had the same experience where they serve the dishes 1 at a time around 10 minutes apart.

I might give them another chance, but now with the fuel price increase, I rather eat at a kopi shop. :-p

Cheers!